My latest food cravings have been for any kind of ethnic noodle or rice bowl. The possibilities of different combinations are endless and they never seem to get old to me. Upon seeing this lovely recipe on One Tribe Gourmet, I knew I wanted to create my own for dinner.
|Spicy Stir Fried Udon Noodles with Vegetables|
I didn't have every ingredient on hand for this recipe and wanted to customize my own, so I scrounged up what was available in my cupboards and fridge. If you keep plenty of noodles on hand, you can usually thrown in whatever veggies and form of protein you like.
- Prep all the veggies you want to use before starting. This will make the cooking process a lot easier and less rushed!
- Bring a pot of water to boil and throw in noodles (can use udon, soba, ramen, or even linguine).
- While the noodles are cooking, heat saffron oil in a skillet or wok.
- Sauté ginger and garlic for a few seconds.
- Add tofu, sauté this until slightly brown.
- Start tossing in veggies and peanut sauce in order of how long it takes to cook each one. (i.e. carrots first, bok choy last)
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, tossing gently.
- Drain noodles and rinse throughly. If you like you can add these to the stir fry mix as well.
- Cook for a few more minutes with noodles, then serve!