Beet & Arugula Salad

With the sun beating down upon Michigan, being extremely busy with the house, and having no desire to turn on the oven; I've been taking full advangtage of all the fresh produce from the Fulton Street Farmer's Market and using it as a reason to not cook as much these past two weeks.  Salads are by far one of the easiest meals to make, so I took inspiration from the Roasted Beet Salad at the Reserve Wine Bar for this night's dinner. Since Zach and I never get full from just a salad, I quickly microwaved two sweet potatoes, mashed them up and sprinkled just a tad bit of brown sugar on them. 


As for the salad, I boiled the beets till I could easily push a fork through them and removed the skin. 
Adding the fresh arugula from the market onto a plate, I sliced the beets on top, sprinkled with walnuts and a balsamic vinaigrette. Done. 

If I could solely shop at farmer's markets for all my food, I would. Reading this article from Mlive about the Fulton Street Farmer's Market makes me über excited about the possibilities of having a year-round market!  Do any of you have a special market where you frequent a lot?  Is it just food or crafts as well? 

I hope everyone is enjoying there week.  
At work we are gearing up for our huge sidewalk sales, so it has been pretty hectic. If you are interested in running or lifestyle apparel and shoes, you should check out Gazelle Sports


-Kate Lainey


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

5 Responses to Beet & Arugula Salad

  1. This looks like a delightful recipe. I love that you post healthy food on your blog, and not just sweets like a lot of other blogs (though I don't really mind those too much)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year round market would be amazing. I've been meaning to start going to the farmer's market every week, but my schedule apparently doesn't really like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that looks fantastic! Yum :) If you are ever on my side of the state, we have to hit up Eastern Market in Detroit. They are open on Saturdays and Tuesdays now, so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.