A Roller Coaster Called Life

Lately I've been feeling like I'm on a never ending roller coaster.  Climbing up and up, trying to go push myself to tackle anything and everything that is within my reach.  Arriving at the top to take in my surroundings; only to realize that the path down requires me to let go and fall. I like being in control of my life and on this roller coaster, I'm not the one in charge.  Over the past year I have slowly started to learn to relinquish that firm grip, but this is a constant challenge... and against my nature.  Feeling anxious, overwhelmed, and exhausted, I have been looking forward to those few precious moments where I can see a friend, drink a cup of peppermint tea, cuddle with Zach, or just sit and be. 

This past weekend was another non-stop, go till you can't go anymore, weekend. 
The saving grace with meeting up with friends and not having to worry about the next loop I'm climbing on the roller coaster called life. 

Coat: Dress Code, Top: The Limited, Shrug: Hot Mama
Skirt: Thrifted, Tights: Ann Taylor Loft, Shoes: Naot


 Zach and I were stoked to visit with our friend Meghan, who had just arrived back home from India! 
It was so interesting hearing all her stories and to see her passion for the Indian culture. There is such a great need in Nagpur and it was astounding to hear how the Nav Jeevan Santha project she was apart of has helped the local children there.  If you are interested in supporting this program, I strongly encourage you to check it out here


I was so glad Anna put this night out together.  Seeing a few of our college friends all together and having a good time always makes me happy. So crazy to think that it's been almost three years since I've graduated college! 


This week I've decided to slow down a little bit in an attempt to save my sanity and my nerves...and to prepare myself for the next two months of crazy wedding planning and chaos that will inevitably ensue. 
When you are riding that roller coaster, how do you get yourself back to solid ground? 
I'm thinking a wine and chocolate night is in the future. 

Here's to a care free week!

-KateLainey





Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

8 Responses to A Roller Coaster Called Life

  1. wine and chocolate night sounds amazing. i wish we would have had more of a chance to chat on saturday! hope you get a night to relax, and i'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez I know how you feel! Life gets so crazy sometimes, you have to force yourself to sit down and just chill.

    At least you looked cute! I love this outfit! Some great layers going on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tards and they didn't have a big ole hole in them either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way! I've been so busy lately and desperately need a break. It's always fun to catch up with old friends (especially college friends!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute skirt, i love the floral and the tights!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you definitely need to slow down. I can't even imagine tacking something like wedding planning onto everything else I need to deal with. Love the tights :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your tbar shoes :) especially the patent colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those tards and they didn't have a big ole hole in them either!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.