Musings of Design

Although I throughly enjoy everything vintage, I can't get enough of modern decor; especially when it's mixed with older pieces!  Since I get most of my vintage pieces locally, I tend to surf the web for modern items and ideas.  As of late I've been checking out interior designer, Jonathan Adler's website.
Adler's take on modernism and his "happy chic" view on decorating is refreshing and fun. 

Here are a few shot's of Adler's design in a Westchester home.


I want this kitchen!



Great mix of patterns and use of bold color! 
Adler's Musings have great quick tips on perking up your space and speaks about his inspirations. 
Makes me want to decorate right now!  What modern designers speak to you? Any favorite websites you'd like to share? I'm always looking for more inspiration, especially since tomorrow Zach and I meet with a real estate agent to discuss finding a house! Woohoo!  

I'll leave you with my favorite piece from Adler's collection...



I can just picture Zach and I drinking from these King & Queen Mugs once I officially become Mrs. King!
So adorable.

-KateLainey


Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

5 Responses to Musings of Design

  1. Those mugs are so fun...want them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I want that green kitchen too! Love the light fixture and matching chairs + mostly white background with accent colors. So gorgeous and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixing vintage pieces with new items is my favorite thing when it comes to home decorating. My apartment is a mixture of antique goodies and newer things. I love the look of it! Great pictures- they are so very inspiring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adler-Sadler, I've been doing this for years. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeee the blue and yellow and black/white together! These rooms are adorable. And I just love those mugs tehe:) I say you find some just like them and sip some delicious tea in them!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.