Keeping the Passion

To every season in life there is bound to be it's share of up's and down's. 
Now we all pretend that life is hunky dory 24/7, but let's face it people, our lives are not perfect. 
Over the past couple months I've felt like a seabird diving for it's dinner... up and down, up and down. 
Life has been great, but there was aspects, like this blog, I wasn't totally happy with. After traveling to Alt Design Summit, I had hoped that I'd come home rejuvenated and ready to dive back into it; but instead it made me reconsider why I was even writing this blog. Gathering so many inspiring tid-bits for work, my passion was ignited to start reworking our Gazelle Girl Blog, to collaborate with vendors, and help our stores make our women's apparel top of the line... but the fire died once I thought about my own personal blog. 

After taking some time and delving into these thoughts, I realized that I didn't want to be the typical blogger at Alt. Don't get me wrong, there are many beautiful and talented bloggers there, bloggers who I envy and draw so much insight from... but I don't want to be them. Their blog is their life, their career, their everything. My blog is my passion, but it's not my career and never will be. For some time I had been comparing myself to all these other blogs and trying to put myself in the same boat.  Once I began stressing over how much time I had to get my two posts a week done, that's when I knew something was wrong. I was pushing the inspiration, digging at the bottom of an empty bucket, instead of letting it come to me like it used too. 


I didn't want to be that wife who sat on the computer every night, begging Pinterest to reveal some hidden trend, spending hours attempting to figure Photoshop out, or oogling over all the blogs I had just read on Bloglovin. Like a good vitamin, I wanted my blog to supplement my life, not the other way around. So this last week I've decided it's time to regain the passion and keep it. My blog might not really change, but my outlook and time devoted to it will. I want the drive to be behind this blog, not a nagging feeling. Keeping the passion alive for the loves in my life, my goals, my hobbies, my health, and my spirit is my top priority... and taking a step back I realized that I want to do a better job at this. 


It is because of dedication, ambition, inspiration, and love for all things in life that we have such a passionate drive...let's motivate each other to hold on as tightly as possible and ignite that passion. So will you join with me in keeping that passion alive? In your daily life and via your blog? I hope so, because I think everyone needs a little push, affirmation, and hug to keep that fire. 



Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

6 Responses to Keeping the Passion

  1. i'll join you! I started blogging to remember stuff I saw online (not as necessary with new apps and all) and now to share stuff with friends and make new friends. The blog shouldn't be a burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll join you! I try to remember to keep that in mind for my blog (stylishadventures.blogspot.com). It's so easy to fall into comparing to what others are doing, whatever it may be (I do it all the time). But I support your views and say go ahead! Make your blog all you want it to be, you answer to no one but yourself!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post...it can be like that, can't it?! No passion, just a feeling that you HAVE to keep writing, keep improving, keep reading...and it can be exhausting. A balance is key, and I'm glad you're finding that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always trying to keep the passion alive...but sometimes it is just so hard. I love your new outlook on blogging...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you. A blog should be complementary of your personality and yet be fun. I used to blog to please others and I was looking for my personal style/mark. I have been blogging for almost 8 years now and I am happier with my blogging than I used to be. Of course, there is always room for improvement :) Good luck in keeping up your passion!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.