Tribal In Michigan

Keeping up with the latest trends can be an overwhelming task...

With more important tasks filling my plate; work, wedding planning, running, time with Zachary, hanging out with family/friends, and let's not forget sleep, things like "trend research" are not exactly on my to-do list. 
But I do like to be stylish, so when particular photos catch my eye, I usually put them in a folder to think about and use later. This darling Anthropologie picture below has been at the bottom of my pile for a while, begging for me to take inspiration from it.  I love the tribal trend that emerged last year and has stayed in various forms into this year as well. 


Tribal Print Meets The Max Dress

This is how I stay tribal in Western Michigan.








And who is this handsome young man?
Zachary wasn't so thrilled when I turned the camera on him.


Sunday was such an uplifting sunny day, I couldn't resist trying to get an outfit shot in.  
During a long run I spotted this location and I declared to Zach that it was picture time! 

So how do you stay tribal? Do you use prints, bold jewelry, or is it all about the accessories?
I love to hear your favorite trend for Spring 2011! 


p.s. this whole outfit (minus the necklace) was thrifted! Score! 





Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

8 Responses to Tribal In Michigan

  1. Gorgeous look! To be honest, I think I like it even better than the look that inspired it- of course it helps that your photos are stunning :) Love your skirt especially; what a great thrift find!
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, lovely look & you've done such a great job styling your version -absolutely lovely! I've GOT to get a maxi dress for spring, love this look! Hopefully I too will luck out at a thrift store. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on incorporating the tribal trend into this outfit and kudos to it being mostly thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt!!!

    WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt!!!

    WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, lovely look & you've done such a great job styling your version -absolutely lovely! I've GOT to get a maxi dress for spring, love this look! Hopefully I too will luck out at a thrift store. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.