Color Palettes

What is one of the first questions any woman asks another who recently gets engaged?

"What are your colors?!"

For me, I've always been pulled towards the blue spectrum. Ever since I was little, it has been my favorite color. This was definitely an important feature to our wedding and Zach was all in favor of a blue scheme....I don't think he realized how many types of blues there were until I asked him what shade of blue. :)

So with the color blue in mind, I searched for inspiration and fell in love with sea glass.


                            


Getting Inspired with Color by Pearls Events

J Crew

I knew that I wanted to incorporate our love for the outdoors and nature in general; so along with the sea glass color scheme, hints of wood tones helped bring that rustic outdoor feel to the palette. Of course, driftwood came to mind first. Having the lovely Lake Michigan at our disposal, we found some nice pieces before the winter hit. My vision was to drill a few holes large enough for candles to sit in and use these on our bridal party and gift tables. Once we got home, I realized we had way too many pieces of wood...so Zach surprised me by displaying one of the pieces in our apartment. A cheap way to liven up a plain apartment wall! 



With the color palette set, choosing bridesmaids dresses came easy. Being an avid J Crew shopper, I knew I wanted to get the dresses there and figured I could find them cheaper than most bridal shops. I was pleasantly surprised to find four different style dresses all in "Fresh Mint" color on super sale! 






Having a clear focus and vision for my wedding, I was able to get all of this decided and bought before October...about a month after I got engaged. Yes, my fiancé calls me crazy, but I am pretty content knowing that I won't have to scramble to find the perfect bridesmaids dresses and that I am not making my girls pay an arm and a leg to do so! 

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.