The Details

With only about four months left until the big day, wedding planning has constantly been on my mind.  It seems that the details are all that are left, but there are so many of them! I try to remember that it is only one day out of my future marriage and that I won't remember half of these details I'm nit-picking about. 

Some thoughts that go through my head..."Breathe Kate. Breathe."  
Or my personal favorite "It's not going to be perfect." 
(I'm a perfectionist in denial)

Since we have the caterer finally picked...yay! thanks to Marie Catribs, DJ penciled in, florist and flowers already planned out, and my hair and makeup issue solved, I'm caught up. With that being said, I thought I'd share my inspiration for the "details" of what I'll be wearing on my special day.

Hairstyle
With a lake front wedding in Michigan, I do not want to chance it and wear my hair down.
It could be insanely windy, raining, or piping hot...it's Michigan, anythings possible, so the last thing I want to worry about is my hair in the way or it getting soaked in sweat! 

I think Jessica Alba is one of the prettiest celebrities and I adore this updo she wore for the Oscars a few years back.  Her dress is gorgeous as well!  This look screams simple, yet elegant. 

Jessica Alba at the Oscars








 My hope is to have something similar done for my wedding, lots of detail in the back, with the front of my hair swept up high and off my face.  I want it reminiscent of old...this hairstyle has a 1940's vibe and I am currently digging that era. 


The Dress    

Now, you will have to wait to see the whole dress once the wedding is over, but I thought I'd give you lovely readers a sneak peak of the fabric.  Use your imagination. :) 




The Veil
For some reason I'm drawn to this birdcage style. I have never been a fan of longer veils in general, but adore these mini versions.  Even considered adding some color to mine....


Katherine Heigl

Still not sure about all my accessories. I'm thinking a peep toe shoe, but not sure if I want to do a fun color or go traditional (white or nude color).  Any suggestions or pictures would be much appreciated! 

That is all the details that I'm sure of for now...maybe more to come.  
Besides, I still have four more long months to get everything done and share with you. 




Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to The Details

  1. Love it! That hair-do is adorable. So excited to photograph the big day. :)

    As far as shoes, I suggest color. It adds just a little extra spark to your outfit, making it that much more unique. Don't be afraid! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that hairdo would look gorgeous with your facial shape and how pretty your hair is. I also suggest a few sparks of color to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for your advice...you talked me into it, the color peep toe it is. Glad you guys like the hair! Ekkk I'm getting so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh it must be so exciting to get married! I'm a big fan of simplicity and minimalism! I think it ALWAYS works!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.