If I Were An Icicle

This past week I was a guest blogger for Kayley from Sidewalk Ready Fashion.
I wanted to share my postings with all my readers and encourage you all to check out Kayley's blog!

I love West Michigan.  Coming from a little farm town in the middle of Illinois, Michigan is a huge change and I adore it.  We have beautiful beaches and lakes, lots of trees (not many of those in Illinois), abundant local foods (apples, cherries, and blueberries - oh my!) quaint touristy towns, friendly folk, an artsy vibe, delectable vineyards and breweries, and our state is in the form of a mitten. I mean come on, why isn't everyone living in Michigan? :)

Michigan definitely has it going on, except for one thing.

The winter.

It isn't horrible, but the harsh winters are something I don't think I'll ever get used to.  I constantly have to remind myself that winter can be enjoyable, if you let it be.  Pure white snow, stunning.  Skiing and ice skating, exhilarating.  Snowflakes, divine.  I especially enjoy peering at the icicles that have steadily grown over the past week on my apartment building.  They are sleek, uniquely shaped, and sometimes give off this intense bluish white color about them.

So, if I were an icicle in Michigan, I’m pretty sure this is what I would look like....











Outfit:
Sweater: JB&Me / Top: Tikal / Tights: Jade / Shoes: Aldo / Purse: Joe's Jeans
Ring: Muse Boutique / Necklace: Karla's Place (I added a few pendants of my own to this necklace)

I love the contrast of these three colors: red, white, and blue... apparently I'm patriotic as well. :)  When mixing your outfits, don't forget to add that pop of color.  Whether it is a coral purse or a bright scarf, any "pop" added to a neutral outfit will definitely create an instant wow factor.  How else are we going to keep looking fabulous in -8 degree weather?


Pictures taken by the beautiful Kristine Rose

Don't get mad Mom! ;)




Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

3 Responses to If I Were An Icicle

  1. This is not me, I think it's the evil mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I think you are right...I see that look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know thіs wеb site offerѕ
    quality deρenԁent articleѕ oг reѵiews and extrа mateгial, іѕ there any other
    web page whіch gives ѕuch data in quality?


    My webpage ... megas

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.