Morning Granola Bread




The mornings tend to be a rough time for me. Except for a few rare occasions, I can't recall a single morning in my life where I awoke before an alarm and was instantly "ready to go!" It's during those waking moments where I always feel rushed and usually the first thing to go is a healthy breakfast. 

When I read Sarah's recipe for her Life-Changing Loaf of Bread, I knew this would be an ideal meal for my busy mornings. 

Morning Granola Bread
adapted from Sarah Bitton of My New Roots

Ingredients: 
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup almonds (chopped)
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup coconut
3 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
2 cups water

Directions:

 In a loaf pan (or bowl) combine all dry ingredients together. Warm coconut oil until liquid. Whisk maple syrup, coconut oil and water together. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are coated. More water may be added if needed. Lightly pour more maple syrup over the top and toss a handful of coconut flakes on top. Let the mixture sit for at least 1 to 2 hours so that the psyllium husk powder has started to work it's magic to bind all these ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350°F.  Bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, place bread loaf directly on the rack and bake for another 20-30 minutes. Watch carefully as the top can easily burn. Once the top is brown and the load sounds hollow when tapped, it's done! Set on counter to cool. Store in air tight container. 

What's your go-to breakfast item on those hectic mornings? 

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to Morning Granola Bread

  1. Yum! I might have to try this soon! I think I'll replace the oats with quinoa flakes...it looks like a delicious breakfast option!!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.