The Bayshore Marathon

My second marathon...finished! 
What a fun, challenging, sore weekend this has been. We traveled up to Traverse City on Friday night to run the marathon early Saturday morning.  Having never visited Traverse City, I was in awe of the beauty that surrounded me on my 26.2 run.  Almost 90% of the race was ran right next to the bay, making for some awesome distractions. Only downside was how chilly it happened to be that morning. Drizzles of light rain and  a hazy fog accompanied us until the afternoon.  I was ecstatic to have run a 3:25 and was so proud of the boys...overall a great experience, totally worth the pain and long training. 



We scored some pretty huge medals...which I think we definitely deserved! 


The crew: Joe, Zach, and I. Zach had some minor chafing issues during the race.  For those who aren't runners, this happens a lot to guys during long distances...especially to those who don't wear band aids or nip guards!  Poor Zach.



After cheering our other friends on and getting cleaned up, we toured around the city...I loved all the adorable little shops and wished we had more time to visit.  With thunderstorms supposedly coming in that night, we opted out of camping that Saturday night. 

Zach enjoying a beer at Mackinaw Brewing Company.
With all the beautiful vineyards everywhere, we had to taste some wine as well.  Chateau Grand Traverse Vineyard...scenic views of rolling hills, glimpses of the bay in the background, and amazing cherry wine. Almost made me forget how bad my legs hurt. 


Right before we left, a short trip to Old Mission State Park, at the edge of the peninsula. 
Next time I'm up here, I want to walk to that baby island in the above picture. :) 






























I can't wait to come back!  Zach and I have plans to camp up north more this year, so hopefully we'll witness more of these breathtaking views.

Happy Tuesday to everyone!

-KateLainey

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

15 Responses to The Bayshore Marathon

  1. congrats, lainey! so awesomely proud of all of you. i'm glad to call you three my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I don't think Zach will ever forget his nip guards again ... that looks painful. I would have given up. And isn't Traverse City the best? I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah he learned his lesson alright. And yes! Traverse City is AMAZING... epitome of PURE MICHIGAN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, that is an amazing achievement! You all deserved those huge medals for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um ok, you're freaking incredible. Seriously a marathon?? Actually TWO marathons, that's insane! Seriously I think that's so incredibly impressive. That's awesome that there was a lot of scenic views along the way. It seems like that would make it a lot easier/go by a lot quicker.
    Woah woah woah, 3:25 as in 3 hours!? Are you human? Seriously how is that even possible. haha, can you tell I am quite impressed right now? Because I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you are so amazing! i can not run for the life of me..not even if a pack of zombies were chasing me...well then maybe...get me on a bike yes, i can ride a bike like no bodies business! congrats sweetie what an awesome feat!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA I read this and I believe we were at Mackinaw Brewing at the same time we were down there for dinner the night of the marathon probably around 6:30 - 7:30 or so. Congrats on finishing and come back cause TC is a blast in the summer...thus why I continue putting up with the winters. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing!! Oh and your asparagus in your last post looks divine. I loved reading Animal Vegetable Miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow congrats on the race! Seriously, I am running a two mile one on Saturday and it freaks me out, you are my hero lady!!!

    These pics are amazing, I miss that side of the state sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh congrats!!! i have always wanted to do a marathon and you have done TWO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I know I've said this before, but I am totally in awe of anyone who does such things as run marathons. Looks like you had an amazing time :D Also, I'm really loving those last two photos. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly, congrats on the run... that is quite the accomplishment. And I love those pictures of you sitting by the water SO pretty. xx veronika

    PS thanks so much for the necklace compliments. I make my own jewelry & I'm hoping to open an Etsy store sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah Haylee you crack me up! thanks so much, you are such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and support!! You guys rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zach told me about your marathon. Very impressive. Very proud of you Lainey. Love the photos! Zach's nips look AWFUL!!! Ha I love your "band photo". But I have to say my favorite photo (with no offense to your dashing beauty) is the one of Juicy holding his beer staring out the window. It's classic Zach. Definitely love it.

    Great job again!

    ReplyDelete

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.